Join our mailing list
Title: Concrete Operations Engineer & Trainer
Reports to: President
Type: Exempt, Full-Time
Citizenship & Reside USA – Reside Local to Corporate Office
Service Region: Central/South America-primary + Global
Date: February 21, 2013
Zimmerman Industries, Inc. (ZII) has been and continues to be the driving force within the mobile concrete industry for over 45 years. We currently hold over 15 patents and continue to produce new technology with innovation and efficiency. We pride ourselves in being an industry leader for volumetric concrete mixers.
- Responsible for on-site customer training which includes: Equipment operation, maintenance, mix designs and calibrations of our volumetric concrete mixers.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with the Zim-Mixer as well as the concrete industry.
- Professional and effective communication to provide outstanding customer service to all customers.
- Requires international travel in addition to working at corporate office.
Essential Functions of Customer Training/Customer Service:
- Onsite training and calibration of equipment, as directed by international sales of both new equipment or resale of used equipment.
- Follow up with all onsite training customers periodically; 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and yearly thereafter.
- Submit customer reports on all visits.
- Visit existing customers when traveling in the same area.
Essential Functions of Office Responsibilities:
- Effective communication with the International Sales Representatives and Dealerships to provide best service to our customers.
- Provide technical support and interaction with customers.
- Provide relevant information, feedback, ideas and suggestions from field operations for review and research to determine added value and or changes to the product or the training curriculum.
- Provide customer information/experience for newsletters and website.
- Take on additional responsibilities assigned by management.
Specific Knowledge and Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish. Any other foreign language fluencies are a plus.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical and technological concepts as applicable.
- Must have an awareness of varying cultural norms and business practices.
- Ability to learn knowledge of our products, and concrete industry regulations. (Example: calibrations, mix designs, ASTM International regulations, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bachelors Degree - Technical: such as Engineering, Science/Chemical, Construction or equivalent work experience.
- Concrete or construction background preferred.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certifications (preferred, but required within the first 12 months of employment).
- Zimmerman Industries will provide additional training specific to this position.
- Independent self-starter.
- Analytical, with troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (must be respectful and flexible to cultural differences).
- Willingness to learn, develop and broaden experience.
- Ability to communicate well both verbal and written.
- Various travel schedules within different time zones.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.